Looking for the first step in working with scuba as a career? Your adventure into the professional levels of recreational scuba diving begins with the Divemaster program. Working closely with an Instructor, in this program you expand your dive knowledge and hone your skills to the professional level. Divemaster training develops your leadership abilities, qualifying you to supervise dive activities and assist instructors with student divers. Divemaster is the prerequisite certification for Open Water Scuba Instructor certifications.
- Master SCUBA Diver (for NAUI and NASE Divemaster only)
- Rescue SCUBA Diver
- CPR, First Aid, AED, and Oxygen Provider
- 60 Logged Dives
- Minimum Age: 18
What You Learn
During the Divemaster program, you learn dive leadership skills through independent study and practical application. You complete water skills and stamina exercises, as well as training exercises that stretch your ability to organize and solve problems as well as help others improve their scuba skills. You put this knowledge into action through a structured internship and a series of practical training exercises.
What You Can Do
After becoming certified as Divemaster you will be authorized to:
- Supervise both training and non-training-related activities by planning, organizing and directing dives
- Assist an Instructor during the training sessions for any SCUBA Diver course
- Conduct the Local Diving Orientation experiences
- Conduct the Scuba Review programs
- Independently guide students on the tour portion of Open Water SCUBA Diver courses.
- Accompany SCUBA Diver students under the indirect supervision of an Instructor during: An Instructor will accompany student divers during Advanced SCUBA Diver or during Specialty Diver training dives.
- surface swims to and from the entry/exit point and during navigational exercises
- when the instructor conducts a skill, such as an ascent or descent, a Divemaster can remain with other student divers (with an individual student or buddy team)
- Conduct subsequent dives under an instructor’s indirect supervision for Introductory Dive (non-certified) participants after participants have satisfactorily completed the first dive with an Instructor.
- NAUI Divemaster
- NASE Divemaster
- PADI Divemaster
- SDI Divemaster